Thursday, April 3, 2014

progress...



there was a leak discovered and fixed and now the damage repair has begun. it is a much bigger project than any of us anticipated... but it still feels good just getting started... it has been a weight on our shoulders for too long.


i signed the kids up for a craft swap just like the one i was in... only there is four of them to help with packages to send out... oy! but, we will receive four as well... and they are very excited about that! 


layla is making steady progress with her kitty bag... she also plans to make a bracelet and either a necklace or hairclip to go with it. just love how serious she looks in that cutting picture. she is doing such a good job. i am so proud of her.






eislee has also been working hard... we all made a bunch of flower fairies together (her little friend likes fairies) and she will pick out her favorites to send. she also made a beaded necklace, and will make some homemade playdough with me to send.




ollie is testing out some of the flower fairies...




of course i am doing the making for ollie, but she is supervising. if her friend was a girl she would have beaded a necklace... but he is a boy... a boy who likes pirates (among other things)... so we made him a felt pirate hat and eyepatch, and we are going to make him some homemade playdough too.



eislee is modeling the pirate accessories and the proper pirate facial expression to go with them.

we haven't even started on maiko's project... but i plan to make huge progress over the weekend... we know what he is making... so that will help!

eislee and ollie's packages should be ready to send out tomorrow... layla's will be ready monday... and hopefully maiko's will be ready monday too!

and then we (or i.. ahem) plan to take a break from swapping for a bit.

in case your wondering why i haven't shared my "swap package"... i didn't actually receive one... but just as i told my children... there are so so many real life situations that can come up and make this whole swap thing seem quite small and unimportant... and i completely understand that. i had so much fun just making the package i sent and seeing how much it was enjoyed... not to mention all the new "friends" i have met in blogland... i think that was the best part! 

9 comments:

  1. Jenny, these look awesome!!! You are amazing! I was wondering how you'd be doing with four kiddos swapping. Thank you for sharing! I love everything you are making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, these look awesome!!! You are amazing! I was wondering how you'd be doing with four kiddos swapping. Thank you for sharing! I love everything you are making

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that the children are having a swap! But I am so sorry that you didn't receive your box, that is such a bummer. I participated in Love Notes and this is the first time I didn't receive any thing back and while I do understand life gets busy, I feel if you make a commitment then you should follow through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so joyed to read your words and see your photos. You make my heart swell with a smile.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. you won my giveaway! I sent you a reply to your original comment on my blog...let me know if you don't get it by emailing me directly here...
    cordeliasipper@me.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great time - it looks like they enjoyed thier crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you everybody!
    marcela- we have had a lot of fun, thank you for putting this together!
    tracey- i know what you mean... if the person just didn't care that would be sad... but my guess would be that something big probably came up and if that is the case... i am glad they focused on that.
    cory- i can't believe i won!! that is so wonderful! i feel so special :) thank you!
    kate- yes, they have been having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. jenny! hello! what lovely photos in this beautiful space you have here. Claire is just getting going with her swap makings and I plan to actually write up a few non mom-in-the-hospital posts very soon about spring and the kid's swap, etc.

    and ps- there's something coming your way from my swap. I'd hoped to have it in the mail a while ago, but, well- like you said about the 'big things', right?
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. amanda! so good to hear from you! yes, you have had me thinking about the big things. it's really good to hear from you. and thank you :) you are so sweet and thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete